So Many Fish, So LIttle Time

So Many Fish, So LIttle Time
My latest book - the top 1001 places on earth to fish

Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Agent, New Book and Sum, Sum, Summer Time

Hey:
I've been writing online since way back when, perhaps 96 or 97; first for www.gorp.com and then I rode the wave of new online publications that actually paid and paid well. I'm back, first with www.tibesti.com as their Fishing Expert and now with this blog. Good to be back.
I have been writing articles and books since the early 90s, mostly covering sports (esp baseball) and fishing (esp flyfishing.) My latest book, So Many Fish So Little Time: 1001 of the World's Greatest Backcountry Honeyholes, Trout Rivers, Blue Ribbon Waters, Bass Lakes, and Saltwater Hot Spots has had a good year since coming out in May 2007. Summer's here and that means accelerated trout fishing. This summer, I'll be fishing alot around Durango and Lake City Colorado but also in NM, AZ and NV. We might work in Italy but I figure it'll wait til later in the year (yeah, they have some nice trout streams there). I'll keep you guy up to date with where I am, what I'm catching or not catching and any crazy adventures that come my way. And they will. They always do.
I was with David H. Smith of DHS Literary for a number of years and now I'm with Nick Croce of The Croce Agency. We are shopping my latest book, Rivercrossing. The book is a travelogue/memoir/self-discovery journey sort of book much like Eat Pray Love by E. Gilbert and Flyfishing the 41st Parallel by James Prosek. I reckon I'll run some chapters by you guys here on this blog, get your feedback. Rivercrossing doesn't have a subtitle yet but we are messing around trying to find one or two that fit what I'm doing --- right now, it's something like Rivercrossing: The Misadventures of the Prodigal Son and How He Searched for Fish, Fatherhood and Answers to Life from America to the Caribbean to Europe
or
Rivercrossing: From Nevada to Nassau to Normandy, One Man's Lifelong Journey to Catch More Fish, Understand his Father and Discover the Secret to Happiness.
Something along those lines.
At the same time, I have my first novel that is being shopped --- The Bedside Diaries. Dark and quirky. Since I was a kid, I always wanted to be a novelist. Being a non-fiction, travel/outdoors writer is pretty damned great most days (like when I go to the Bahamas this fall, right?) but that urge to write fiction is still there. We will see.
So, writers and anglers, travelers and readers, let's talk.

You can find my latest book at all your fine booksellers including:
http://www.amazon.com/Many-Fish-Little-Time-Backcountry/dp/0060882395/sr=8-1/qid=1171688863/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-9067348-7907264?ie=UTF8&s=books
and
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780060882396&itm=9

Later,

Mark

No comments: